Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Traditions

Every year our home town has a Memorial Day Parade. I have fond memories of being very small and riding on top of the fire truck, decorating my bike and riding it in the parade, playing in the middle school band and walking the parade route, riding on a float with my softball team. But I think the best memories are of watching my grandchildren enjoy the parade. The floats throw candy for the kids. After the parade we all go to my parents house for lunch. When we were kids Memorial Day was the first day we could go swimming. No swimmers this year...the little kids are all too young, and the older kids are all to old (the water is cold).

l

Mom and Dad with baby Lauren

The kids (Joseph, Cameron, and Jaden) collecting candy.

Jaden was sleepy when she got to the parade, it took her awhile to get the hang of gathering candy. "Please nana, hold me and my puppy..." Who could resist? Not me! Today is Jaden's 3rd birthday. Happy Birthday sweetie!

No comments: