Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My friend Steve posted this on FB and it was exactly what I needed to hear.
As much as some people are hurting over the election, as a Christ follower I just want to offer this. Many people will move forward after today with anger, bitterness, and resentment. But now is when we need to pray for those in power and for our neighbors, no matter what side they are on. We may disagree with the outcome, but vengeance and unforgiveness are not our calling. Just remember, while the outcome may have been a surprise to many, it was not a surprise to God. And while I still believe America is the greatest country on earth, I also believe that God does not care about furthering a country, he cares about furthering a Kingdom. So, despite whatever your political views are, the only views that will truly matter moving forward are grace and forgiveness.

No comments: